Monday 29 June 2009

"What happened to Rosemary??????"

Many many cool things happened over the weekend for me! I refuse to talk about Michael Jackson as I frankly thing it now done and dusted and I couldn't care less for the man when he was alive and equally now that he is dead......

Besides, so I had a 3 day weekend and Friday was cool and chilled, slept in, chiiled, went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen at the imax (it was very good). Saturday, went to gym, went for a wander, had japanese for dinner then went to the Italian weekend of terror at the GFT to see Fulci's House by the Cemetary. Which was great to see on the big screen as I do find it one of Fulci's best.

Sunday.....went to the gym. Tried a Bento box for the first time.......amazing! Then went to the second day of italian horror. This time round Ruggero Deodato's Cut and Run and Lamberto Bava's Macabre. I have seen these movies many times and again it was great to see them on the big screen but what made the best part is that Ruggero Deodato and Lamberto Bava were actually there to do a Q & A, which was amazing. Both unlike what you would think and were actually quite quiet, humble and gentle men. Deodato wasn't afraid to be frank and honest about this actors, moreso his distaste for American actors. I mean just being near the guy who created the infamous Cannibal Holocaust was cool and led to a humiliating moment when my pen would work when I asked him to sign my dvd and Lamberto Bava looked so happy to see people enjoying his film. I mean this was the man who directed fucking Demons.........a movie that totally shaped my childhood and later when Mark and I asked if we could get our picture taken with him was so nice and shook MY hand and told me he was pleased to meet me......not the other way around which it should have been.

So I now own a signed copies of Cannibal Holocaust, Cut and Run, Demons and Shock! Result. So a grand weekend of Japanese food, italian horror and time with the dude..... bliss.


Mark and I with Lamberto Bava


Mark and I with Ruggero Deodato

1 comment:

  1. We hope to see you at our next event sir! More information here:

    www.cult-labs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1662

    Please spread the word!

    Best wishes
    Calum

    ReplyDelete