Wednesday 22 April 2009

"Don't fuck with the fish from hell!".......

Basically to me the descision making process about movies can go 3 ways.

1: Talented people coming together and making bad descisions at every availible chance.
cough...Showgirls...cough

2: Why the hell was this even funded? I have had more creative bowl movements.
cough...Uwe Boll's career...cough

3: Amazing skilled directors making every availible correct descision making a movie
awesome before it is even made.

Alas Piranha 3D is fitting into the 3rd category. Alexandre Aja (I have erased all memory of Mirrors) has the golden horror touch (Switchblade Romance, The Hills Have Eyes, P2) so him remaking one of my favourite movies went down well, I saw The Hills Have Eyes....it rocked. Making Piranha in 3D.....even better. Making it a hard R rated movie.....aces.

So they didn't have to do anything else cool...I was already on board with a Homer style Piranha flag being waved.

Then this happened....



They cast Chris Parker from Adventures in Babysitting in the fucking lead. This is not even sliced bread, this is Jesus making a loaf into a fish kinda descision. Man I love Elizabeth Shue (Hollow Man HELLO!!!!!!). She is gonna be the chola in this movie. I cannot wait. I actually remember the video store I used to rent my movies out finding out it was my 11th birthday and actually giving me their copy of Adventures in Babysitting cause I rented it out so many times.

I wonder if the Piranha will swim at her in once scene and she'll be like

"Don't fuck with the babysitter!"

P.S When I said about Showgirls "talented people coming together" I clearly didn't mean Elizabeth Berkley...you got that right? Staring and kicking, that's all I'm gonna say.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is *GREAT* news. I love Elisabeth Shue! Have you ever met anyone who DIDN'T like Adventures In Babysitting?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is just one of THE perfect 80's movies...ever!

    ReplyDelete